Neuro Physiotherapy is the treatment of individuals who have neurological impairments from a variety of conditions, as listed below. A Neurological Physiotherapist has an in depth knowledge of neurological conditions and an understanding of how these conditions affect the individual’s ability to move independently.
We work with clients to identify their movement and sensory deficits and educate them around ways to manage and improve their impairments.
We aim to enhance or maximise their functional ability and treatments can be carried out in the clinic or at home. We provide a client centred approach working towards realistic and achievable goals set by the client. We help promote health and wellbeing, and assist the rehabilitation process to continue to move forward. We are able to work with the following conditions:-
- Stroke (CVA)
- Huntington’s Disease
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Head Injury
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Cerebral Palsy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Charcot Marie Tooth
- Other Neurological Conditions
- We are able to provide a comprehensive assessment service with subsequent treatment sessions as relevant to each individual.
- We listen to your own personal goals in life and help you to work towards achieving these.
- We will assist clients to relearn normal movement patterns and help to reduce compensatory mechanisms and movement patterns.
- We work to make functional movements easier and maximise independence.
- We provide home based exercise and physical management programmes to allow continued progress outside of physiotherapy sessions.
- We work closely with family, friends and carers to answer any questions and provide more specific knowledge.
- Individual treatments with a neuro trained physiotherapist to maximise your potential for a positive outcome.
- Improvements in key tasks such as sitting, standing and walking.
- Improvements in your physical condition and functional ability.
- Building your confidence with your walking or activities of daily living.
- Allowing you to move more freely when carrying out day to day activities.
- Maximising your potential to be as independent as possible.
- Reducing or managing pain, discomfort and spasticity.
- Providing the skills you need to manage your condition more confidently and effectively.
- Maintenance stretching, positioning and exercise plans.
- Education about your specific condition and impairments.
- Advice on maintaining fitness with a disability and accessing a gym.
- Provide some positive input into improving your current situation.
- Allowing you to feel more in control and thereby less stressed and frustrated.
- Discussing ways to improve your overall quality of life.
- Involving your family and friends in education or specific treatments.
A neuro physiotherapy assessment will last approximately one and a half hours and subsequent treatment sessions will generally last for one hour.
To discuss the cost of the sessions, please contact the clinic reception directly on 01732 453956.
We are happy to consider any of the following:
- An assessment of your needs with follow up treatment sessions as required.
- A one-off consultation to offer expert help and advice.
- MOTs to review your progress and set up or review home exercise programmes.
Clinic appointments are currently on Wednesday afternoons but flexible appointments can be discussed including some evenings or weekends if required. Clients can also be seen in their own home.