Every Thursday from 8 – 9pm at Springbank Clinic.
The group is suitable for mothers who have been diagnosed with post-natal depression and also mothers who feel they may be experiencing one or more symptoms of post-natal depression.
Post-natal depression symptoms:
- Low mood and persistent sadness
- Lack of energy and constantly tired
- Loss of interest and pleasure in life
- Difficulty sleeping
- Lack of appetite or increase in appetite (‘comfort eating’)
- Difficulty concentrating or making decisions
- Feeling anxious and/or guilty
- Having strange or frightening thoughts about harming yourself or your babyList item
The purpose of the group is to provide therapeutic support, self-help advice and a space to share experiences, and also to be heard, in a safe supportive and confidential environment. The group provides an opportunity to realise that you’re not alone (that others too are going through a similar experience) to get help with managing your feelings, emotions and mood, and to have some valuable ‘me time’ away from your baby/children, in a calm and relaxing environment with other like-minded mothers.
The group is run by Kirsty Wood, a chartered counselling psychologist with over 15 years experience of studying and working in the areas of counselling and psychotherapy. She is registered with the BPS and the HCPC. A mother herself, Kirsty works locally from Springbank Clinic, offering counselling and psychotherapy to individuals and couples.
Starts 27th June. £3 per meeting
New members always welcome. Contact Kirsty on 07760 694 461 or email email@example.com